Reederei F. Laeisz
F. Laeisz, founded by Ferdinand Laeisz in Hamburg in 1824, started as a trading company and developed by the turn of the previous century into a strong shipping company. After 192 years of lively history today the company once again figures among Germany’s top shipping companies. The F. Laeisz Group was the first shipping company to be certified for its outstanding level of environmental standards according to DIN EN ISO 14001 in 1997.
F. Laeisz presently employs more than 1.100 people, including 11 trainees, at sea as well as on land. The company operates a modern fleet numbering around 40 vessels including Container - and PCTC vessels, a VLOC, Bulkcarriers, Gas Tankers and Research vessels adding up to a total of about 2 million tdw.